I adore blogging, I really do. I love the research, trialling of recipes, shooting them with my camera and writing all about it. The fact that I can real time interaction with my readers and can respond to feedback as it comes, is just so wonderful, it makes this blog a living and breathing piece of work.
The thing is, all those ingredients cost money – and I test each recipe as much I need to in order to be confident enough to publish it, so that could mean a kilo of butter and a dozen eggs before a new cake can hit the blog alone. Lest we forget the cost of running an oven many hours a day and the wear and tear on your kitchen kit! Food photography is a hugely competitive emergent industry and to showcase recipes to their very best so that you the reader keep coming back, a digital camera, a decent lens and decent lighting are essential and are several hundreds, if not thousands of pounds to purchase new. Quality webhosting is a non-negotiable as like with insurance policies, you never know how valuable they are until something breaks, but quality doesn’t come cheap, and nor should it.
To bring all of my recipes to you for free, as opposed to say, selling you cookbooks (what a dream that would be!) or charging for cooking classes, I need to use Affiliate Schemes and advertising on the blog to fund it. This means I put links to products I love and genuinely use in my own kitchen when I am creating your recipes. If you click on those links, I earn a small commission for advertising them here. For instance, I am a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.
I am first and foremost a home cook and baker. Part of creating new and interesting things to eat at home involves sourcing ingredients and kit online. If I find something helpful, you can be sure I will share it with you, my readers, so you can achieve the same results at home. I want you to trust me and if I give you my opinion, please rest assured it’s because I am 100% behind it. Feel free to drop me a line if you ever want to ask anything, I will always get back to you when a question has been asked; like I said, it’s one of the best parts of blogging.
Just Jo xxx
- This policy is valid from 30 December 2016.
- This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
- This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
- The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Should you wish to have me write Sponsored Posts for you, can I direct you to my Press Page? Or do feel free to leave me a message via the comment form below: